Amara Buyse is a Senior Associate at AGA’s Singapore office, where she leads AGA’s work in Singapore, Malaysia, and Myanmar.
Prior to joining AGA, Amara spent three years in Malaysia working for a strategic think tank, where she had daily interactions with Malaysian policymakers. Amara also worked as a freelance consultant and conducted market entry studies for clients looking to enter the Vietnamese and Myanmar markets.
Before moving to Asia, Amara worked as a Press and Media Officer at the European Commission in Brussels, where she was responsible for managing the Commission’s public reputation and conducting daily briefings to European journalists. Amara started her career with Google in Ireland, where she first gained exposure to government relations practices of a multinational company.
Amara has a deep network of political, business and media contacts both in Southeast Asia and Europe. She holds a Master’s in General Management from Vlerick Business School, Belgium, as well as a Master’s and Bachelor’s Degree in Art History from Ghent University, Belgium, and Università La Sapienza, Italy. In addition to her native Dutch, she is fluent in English, French and Italian.
Kevin Murphy is the Founder and Managing Director of Andaman Capital Partners, Asia Group Advisors’ partner in supporting clients who are seeking expansion, analysis, strategic partnership, and deal execution in Myanmar. Based in Yangon since 2002, Kevin brings a wealth of experience in private investment, sourcing, and funding opportunities in Myanmar.
Kevin is also a Director at Proximity Designs, a social enterprise dedicated to improving livelihoods for Myanmar’s impoverished rural sector, as well as a member in the Board of Advisors at Cetena Educational Foundation, a foundation focused on improving access to higher education. He is also the Co-Founder of Post Media, publisher of the Phnom Penh Post, and the Co-Founder of Synergenz Bioscience. Before moving to Myanmar, he was a Director at Hong Kong-based The Pacific Group.
Prior to his career in the private sector, Kevin was a journalist and media executive. He held senior positions at the International Herald Tribune, the South China Morning Post, and The Bulletin. He is a graduate of Georgetown University.
We worked with a global financial services company to manage threats of market disintermediation in Myanmar as result of evolving regulations.
Support & Products Delivered
• Identified and prioritized third party groups based on political influence and areas of mutual interest
• Developed engagement strategies for third parties and tailored messages based on stakeholders’ priorities
• Engaged with third party groups on behalf of the client
• Convened workshops and policy discussions in partnership with key third parties
• Organized media coverage of workshops and other third-party interactions
We supported a global logistics company in advocating for improved customs procedures by engaging related government and third-party stakeholders.
Support & Products Delivered
• Identified and mapped key officials in relevant government institutions
• Engaged key officials to determine governments’ priorities and concerns in the sector
• Developed talking points for client that align with government priorities
• Facilitated meetings between client and key customs officials
• Organized joint workshops on customs best practices