SCOPE AND PURPOSE
This policy applies to the processing of customer personal data by Asia Group Advisors (referred to as “AGA“ or “we”). The purpose of this policy is to provide our current, former and potential customers (jointly referred to as “customers” or “you”) with a general understanding of:
- The reasons for collecting your personal data;
- The types of personal data we collect;
- How we handle your personal data;
- Contact details for requests for rectification of personal data or subject access requests.
The following terms, used throughout this policy, have the meanings set out in Regulation (EU) 2016/679 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data. Accordingly:
- “Personal data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
- “Processing” means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
By subscribing to our Insights, we collect your email address only. No other personal data will be collected or stored.
Where reasonably practical or as required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent prior to collecting or using your personal data (email address). The request for your consent will be clear and specific and provide you with a reasonable basis with which to make your decision. We will never assume your consent, but ensure that your will to consent is clearly expressed. Your consent can always be revoked, for example, by unsubscription our newsletter.
AGA strives to implement appropriate technical and organisational measures in order to protect your personal data (email address) against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss or alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access and any other unlawful forms of processing. We aim to ensure that the level of security and the measures adopted to protect your personal data are appropriate for the risks presented by the nature and use of your personal data. Our mailing lists are professionally managed on the Mailchimp platform.
AGA reserves the right to amend this policy from time to time. The date of the last modification is stated at the end of this document.
In order to exercise your right to have information or access to your data, please contact
This policy was published 01/07/2020